Thursday, December 10, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
my mind is all over the map today~but in an effort to write more and blog more often, here i am. so bear with me.
what's on my mind:
*feeling really internal right now. Most likely the change of seasons and short daylight hours, but also, still trying to figure out how to take what I discovered at the Unearth retreat and make it a vital part of me- of my life- a priority that doesn't get pushed to the side to make way for all the other things that need my attention ( ah-hem..... preschoolers anyone?)
* feeling incredibily grateful for my family and for those that love me. For without them, my sanity would be severly compromised.
* realizing that my knack for good spelling and abilitly to remember things (to do list) is gone.... I mean GONE..... what the heck is up with that? For years I have blamed it on "the mommy brain", but I don't think I can get away with that anymore.
*My family thinks I'm cooking dinner right now (hee hee)
* Saw 'This is It' last night. MJ rocks. loved this flick and can't wait to see it again.
* Loving that my chocolate addiction is also offering me some devine inspiration. Today the quote inside my tasty little wrapper said "challange yourself and seek inward peace". I do declare..... chocolate is the answer!!!
* Feeling really inspired by all the lovely women in my life and all their creations. Yes.... I'm talking about YOU! If you are reading this, then you are one of those women. Thank you
* I'm happy
* It has taken me all day to finish this post even though I feel like I really haven't said anything.
* stumbled upon this video today while searching for a photo and haven't stopped laughing since. I had completely forgotten about it and am thankful for the giggles it has provided today.
Later Gators! Be Well.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Check out all of these amazing and beautiful women that I had the good fortune to spend 4 days with.
Thank you ladies for being you and for sharing your journey with me. I feel so blessed to have met each and every one of you.
Kelly B..... this picture is not complete without you. I can't believe that we let you get away with not being in it. However, you are one of the hottest babes around.
Monday, October 19, 2009
But I showed up:
I SHOWED UP!
and what I realize now is that I couldn't afford NOT to go. I couldn't keep continuing on the same path and be happy about where I was going. You know that expression.... "same shit, different day," well that is how my life started to feel. I needed to stir the pot. I needed to surround myself with like minded women who would get it. I simply just needed some time and space to unearth the creative spirit and flow within myself that has gotten a little buried in the process of raising a family.
With the support, love and encouragement of all the beautiful souls that were along with me on this journey, I feel like I have found myself again. The flicker of light that used to be quietly burning inside me is now starting to look like a flame that is burning brighter and stronger.
There is so much more to say, but finding the right words is hard right now. I'm still processing. but for now I'll say......
Thank you to each and everyone of the beautiful women who made this past week so powerful and amazing for me.
And thank you to myself for having the guts to show up!