Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Lesson learned


huh....

there is actually a method for mowing the lawn. who knew? apparantly, not me! i was pretty proud of myself for taking on the machine. me vs. a HUGE amount of wet grass. i actually had a good time doing it. until i was all done and realized that now, the lawn is mowed YES however there are huge piles of wet grass all over the yard. UGGH. not only does it look bad, but if you leave it there it rots and ruins the grass growing underneath. '

crap.

so this afternoon, i brought out my rake and got busy. as you can see, this is going to be a lot of work.


no, that nice, large and fancy house is not mine. it is my father in laws. and yes, we love living next door to grandpa.

this is our house:

nice, tiny, yet still lovely in it's own way.

oops, i digress. back to the task at hand. RAKING. lots and lots of raking. luckily i had some helpers.




one hour later:


i'm not even close to being done, but my arms and abs are TOAST.

time for a glass of wine!

have a great weekend everyone. we'll be celebrating both Sierra's 4th bday and Sam's 38th on sunday. i'll be back with photos of that but probably not for a week or so.

why you ask?

cuz, i'll be at Brave Girls Camp next week with these two lovely gals, along with many women i've yet to meet.

i am over the moon excited!

seriously

i can't even sit still.

it's a problem.








6 comments:

Serena said...

ok, so it clearly has been awhile since I've posted, because this took me forever to do and then I forgot to add the links. sorry Kolleen and Chrissy....you know I love ya. and for some reason when I went back to edit, it wouldn't let me.

darn it!

oh well, at least i got a post up. gotta start somewhere....

marilyn said...

i loooove your post, your energy, your excitement, your lovely face and your sense of humor. have fun, brave girl, with k and c and all the other courageous souls you have yet to meet!

Elizabeth Halt said...

That is a LOT of raking!

Have fun with Kolleen and Chrissy and everyone else! I've read the camp description; it sounds fabulous.

Jennifer said...

i love your little house. how I would love to come and visit you there.

soak in all the love at brave girls. I cannot wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Kolleen said...

i just love you sister!

you crack me up....great photos especially of the one of you flat on your back!!!!

miss your face already....your so stinkin beautiful!!! inside and out!!!

smooches
hugs
loves
xo
k

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.